FROM ENGAGEMENT TO EMPOWERMENT
Citizens as Co-creators of Community Services
- What personal or community need does this service address?
- How might this service involve the community to deliver maximum value at minimum cost?
- What, tools, resources or incentives would community members need to help them initiate and implement this service?
- What support could government provide to kickstart or sustain this service?
- Community skill library exchange
- Senior citizen buddy system (a kind of circle of care concept)
- The community wiki garden (This one is actually happening now)
- Community time bank
- Incentives for community participation
Canada Economic Growth Won’t Match Demand For Services
Anti-austerity protests in Spain and Portugal
City of Toronto Workers Destroy Free Community Food Garden Amid Growing Food Crisis
Friends of Dufferin Grove Park
The Circle Movement
Yellow Springs Community Solutions
Ezio Manzini on Creative Communities
Peter Jones is a professor in the Strategic Foresight and Innovation MDes program at OCAD University and senior fellow of the Strategic Innovation Lab. Peter is founder of Redesign, a strategic innovation research company. Redesign conducts ethnographic and design research to guide innovations for professional practice, clinical and healthcare services, and information work. His research explores emerging social and service practices in publishing, science, and healthcare – his Rosenfeld Media book on healthcare service design, Design for Care is expected early 2013. Peter blogs at Design Dialogues and tweets @redesign.
Greg Judelman is a co-founder of Design with Dialogue and is a facilitator, designer and innovation consultant based in Toronto. Through his firm The Moment, he works with the conceptualization and facilitation of collaborative design workshops and innovation processes for organizational and community transformation. From 2006-2011 he was a senior designer at the globally recognized Bruce Mau Design, where he led creative teams on identity, web, experience and strategy projects for clients ranging from not-for-profits to universities to public associations to multinational corporations.