How might we bring a long-term perspective to near-term decisions?
February’s DwD explored approaches to over-coming “short-termism” with a long-term view to make our resources and systems more sustainable.
- Unpack the assumptions that keep us locked into a short time frame
- See what our decisions might look like if framed in a long view
- Explore how a values shift might reframe our perspective
- Jam ideas on new incentive structures that could influence our behaviour
- 2050: What if we get it right? (CBC Radio’s Quirks and Quarks)
- >Roger Martin on Fixing Corporate Short-termism
- Obama rejects smog regulation to avoid election year controversy
- Long Now Foundation seminars and blog
- Amazon shows advantage in planning long term
- The role of long-term thinking in Creating Shared Value
- A report on short-termism and corporate ethics
Images from the session