Design with Dialogue has evolved into a learning and practice community.
The purpose of DwD was to create an ongoing venue for practice whereby we could develop established and emerging methods of dialogue and structured group engagement for community and social design. As the community has grown, we have a total group of about 150 past and present participants, and we’ve explored, hands-on, everything from Art of Hosting to Sensemaking. We’ve gone from just learning methods to inventing them, from trialing new practices to conducting them as live facilitation in community engagements.
It’s clear to me that DwD is having an impact on cultural change. People in the community are actively entering into new conversations with community stakeholders and clients to introduce more effective ways of social learning and action. And while our monthly community sessions are extraordinary experiences, the lasting value shows up in how DwD informs our work and everyday lives. This is where culture starts to change around us.
We now have a Stewards Council of 6 regular, committed leaders that share a vision for a higher-impact DwD learning and practice community. And we have never made requests on the community before for a commitment, other than those who have graciously offered to present a session. But we’re not going to reach these goals on our own, we would love some more volunteers. We promise that you will get more from participating than you put into it. I know this is true of all this work, a learning community that changes culture and eventually helps everyone we work with.
We need help in the following activities:
- Two new programs getting started (KMDI and a Master’s series)
- help setting up and striking down the gathering space
- video and photo documentation at sessions
- posting documentation and session follow-ups
- Blog (DwD.com) management and posting relevant things from other sites
- posting session invitations on dwd.com
- toolkit development and management (for online methods resource)
- outreach (help us find and connect to other leaders for masters or methods sessions)
We have action teams for Community, Communications, Programming, and other functions as well.
Please contact me, or Greg, to let us know you’d be interested. And how you would like to help.